ABOUT: THE STEINSPARK EXPERIENCE
Steinspark is the first authentic German-style Biergarten (beer garden in English) in Southwest Michigan. It is an all-outdoor space for patrons to come together, enjoy good beer (and other drinks), tasty food and engage with their community – all under the lush canopy of mature trees and twinkling lights during the warmer summer months.
Seating is mostly at communal long tables – as they are typically found in beer halls and biergartens in Germany – are intended to encourage sociability between beer garden goers. It truly is Gemütlichkeit personified!
Below are a couple of things to know about the atmosphere and what to expect before you visit us:
- It’s an all-outdoor space – complete with a few gas heaters and a fire pit to cozy up to, as warmer days give way to cooler evenings in the fall.
- There isn’t a host/hostess – Expect to come right on in and find your own seat. Be prepared to share your table with strangers – it’s part of the Biergarten tradition to partake in communal seating and expect to make new friends!
- No table service – You can go right up to the beer bar to get your beer or other drinks or go into the food court to the Steinspark kitchen and get authentic German food.
- Limited Food options but you can bring your own – Steinspark is a Biergarten, not a full service restaurant! So, the food offerings from our kitchen are limited to a few dishes that are typical for Biergartens (see menu section for more details). In typical Biergarten tradition, you are free to pack a picnic basket and bring your own food. Please do not order deliveries to Steinspark. However, we request that you purchase drinks from us, as we do not allow outside drinks to be consumed on premise.
- Entertainment – Most of the time, you can listen to some traditional German brass music and you may see some guests wearing dirndls or lederhosen. We also have a corn hole game, a foosball table, and a collection of popular boardgames to have fun with. Every Wednesday night is Trivia Night with your host Norbert. We even have a dance floor for line dancing every other Thursday night and live music most Friday nights.
And finally, since Steinspark has been designed to be a space for the community to gather rather than a traditional restaurant, know that you are welcome to stay as long as you like! There is no pressure to leave when you are done drinking and eating.
We hope to see you at Steinspark this summer – Prost!